Yesterday, I posted the announcement for TCPB’s First Birthday Month, a month-long celebration of this blog existing for a year. One of the many events that will happen this January are two contests, as mentioned in said post. You may remember that I didn’t really explain the specific rules and details of these competitions, so that’s what today’s post is all about. Read on so you know exactly how and what to enter!
The Art Contest
For this contest, you must create some artwork. It can be about the TCPB’s birthday, TCPB itself, or anything Poptropica related! Anything goes, as long as you follow the rules below.
- It must be G or PG rated! Any inappropriate entries will be disqualified.
- As mentioned above, it must have something to do with my blog or Poptropica in general. Again, any non related entries will be disqualified.
- Be creative and have fun!
The winner will get their artwork featured in a blog post on February 1st, and maybe even a special surprise from yours truly. We’ll just have to see…
The Graphic Design Contest
For this contest, you must create a graphic that could be used as a header for TCPB. Make sure to pay close attention to the rules, as they are much more specific than the art contest’s rules.
- The graphic must say “Tall Cactus’ Poptropica Blog” on it somewhere. Any font, color, and size is fine, as long as my blog’s name is easily visible.
- The graphic must also say “Established January 16th, 2016.” Make sure it’s smaller than the text above, and please don’t abbreviate it to “1/16/2016,” as people who don’t live in America could be confused. (It would be 16/1/2016 in other countries.)
- While this isn’t required, you can also add my Poptropican. Feel free to look me up on Avatar Studio, my username is macandcheese520.
- The graphic must be appropriate! (G or PG rated)
- The size of the graphic should be around 1600×400 pixels, as that’s the preferred size for WordPress headers, but if it’s not, that’s okay. Just make sure that the length is longer than the width, and that it’s a rectangle.
- Even though it’s called the Graphic Design costume, feel free to draw the header!
The winner’s graphic will be TCPB’s header for the entire month of February 2017! Along with that, it will also be featured in an upcoming blog post.
How To Enter
No matter if you enter the art contest, the graphic design contest, or both, the process of submitting your entry is the same. All you have to do is send me your creations over on Discord, and that’s it! However, if you don’t have a Discord account, you can always email me your entries at email@example.com. But just so you know, I barely check that email anymore, so Discord is preferred.
And remember: you can only enter twice for each of the contests! If you submit more, then the third and any entries following will be automatically disqualified.
Both contests end on January 31st, and the winners will be announced in a post on February 1st.
So yeah, that’s it. Get creating, Poptropicans!