Look, I have a confession to make: I’m kind of running out of theories. There’s just no new islands coming out…
That being said, I decided to write a post today in place of the usual theory. And this post isn’t about unproven theories at all, but rather true facts. Yup, I’ve decided to list every single thing we know about Worlds, so you’ll only have to go to one place to get all the info, instead of jumping around different blogs and sources.
However, this post may become outdated very soon, so if you’re reading this after February 23rd, 2017, do it with caution. If we learn enough new info before Worlds releases, I will make an updated version of this post in the following weeks.
- Poptropica Worlds will release in Spring 2017; the exact date remains unknown.
- Up until January 2017, Worlds was known as the New Poptropica/Pop or Pop 2.0.
- The New Pop was supposed to be released in late 2016, but it was delayed.
- A New Poptropica was announced on April 25th, 2016, but Poptropica Worlds itself wasn’t until January 11th, 2017.
- A new website and a new app.
- The Original Pop will not be removed/isn’t going anywhere.
- Worlds is being built with Unity, not Flash, and should be available for all search engines.
- New Poptropica design: including fingers, shoes, a slightly more realistic body, etc.
- Customizable houses that you can invite your friends over to.
- New multiplayer features/a new social experience.
- Islands being renamed to Worlds.
- Some of the islands from the Original Pop will be remastered for Worlds.
- One account for all Poptropica platforms (Original Pop, Pop Worlds, app, etc.)
- Way more costumes…
- A unified story.
- Daily prizes/games.
- You will be able to port over your Poptropican’s name and basic look to Worlds.
- Cross-platform: same islands on desktop and app, and progress will transfer between the two (like, if you start an island on desktop, you can continue on the app, and vice versa.)
- All new islands will only be released onto Worlds (Monkey Wrench was the last for the Original Pop, rip…)
- You will be able to choose your own first and last name; it won’t be random.
- No age limit!
- Dr. Hare will return…
- Apparently Worlds will still be on poptropica.com, but I don’t really know
Official Images + Trailers
(Also, there is that worm: http://blog.poptropica.com/2016/10/sneak-peek-designing-new-poptropica.html?m=0)
Yes, there have been some leaks. But since they are leaks that were not officially released yet, they could be fake. However, I’ll still go over what info can be learned from them, just remember the following facts may not be facts at all.
- Binary Bard is returning, and possibly Astro-Knights.
- Crisis Caverns…?
- “Challenge of the Day”
- More shoes.
(Some of the leaks…)
The Poptropica App Descriptions…
Similar to the leaks, it’s not confirmed if what’s mentioned in the descriptions and pictures are actually going to be on Worlds. You can see them here, I don’t know if I want to talk about them right now. You’ll know why if you read my post from yesterday.
So yeah, that’s everything we know about Poptropica Worlds! Although it’s not much, the game will be releasing in just a couple months, probably late May/early June at the very latest, so we won’t have to wait much longer.